Did you know that approximately 70 million people in America have high blood pressure? That equals 1 of every 3 Americans. That is a very concerning statistic. It’s no mystery that solid nutrition with high quality real food and consistent cardiovascular exercise are the two most successful counters to high blood pressure, so lets look into some food sources and alternative therapies.
Here are 6 foods that have been proven to help us lower high blood pressure:
- Fresh Celery – lowers BP by alleviating blood concentrations of stress hormones that constrict blood vessels. Celery juice is even better!
- Blueberries, Harvard University found them to lower High BP in an isolated study
- Hot Peppers – Vitamin C, study found in Hypertension that 25% of cases were low in Vitamin C
- Cold-water, deep sea fish – cod, mackerel, salmon, herring (CoQ10 & Omega 3’s)
- Pine nuts & walnuts (also good for weight loss and brain health)
- Flax, sunflower, and pumpkin seeds for great magnesium
For 5 additional alternative therapies and proven strategies click continue reading below to the right
Here is a list of 5 additional practices to incorporate into your daily lifestyle adjustment goals to help lower high blood pressure:
- Be sure your drinking water does not contain Lead, which has been linked to hypertension in approximately 560,000 Americans, Drink plenty of distilled water.
- Cutting out all caffeine can lower BP by 10-15 points off the top and 8-10 points off the bottom.
- Avoid refined, packaged, and processed foods, trans fat, and high fructose corn syrup (wreak havoc of arteries).
- Apple Cider Vinegar (ACV) is a king!! By both protecting and cleansing the arterial walls.
- Evening Primrose oil targets high Cholesterol and BP, overall great heart tonic.
High blood pressure, or the silent killer, is reversible when adopting and adding these aforementioned tips. The golden key lies in the discipline to follow through with them on a consistent basis.