I became nationally certified as a personal trainer at the age of 22 years after I began writing programs. Mid to late 20’s I really dug in and became nationally certified as a holistic practitioner focusing on CAM or Complementary & Alternative Medicine ( a combo of 3 additional certifications) and Functional Medicine–the art of examining the body made up of systems all working in harmony with one another. Additionally, completing a Masters in the Psychology department at OU studying human behavior and leadership.
From the early beginning I formed a company called Performance Coaching, Inc. where I practiced alternative medicine for 20+ years until changing the name to Coach Jeff’s Wellness.
I have worked in:
corporate settings with hundreds of employees
small business with 10 people
gyms with hundreds of members
gyms with few members
owned Performance Coaching Wellness Studio for 4 years
traveled to peoples private residence for 20+ years
AND trained a great many of clients in my private garage studio (my favorite!) We’ve trained probably over a 100 people in my private garage gym.
I have written many programs for company wellness and one-on-one personal coaching:
- The 30 Day Challenge where we flip the reset switch to our personal health and wellness by establishing life long habits that set us up to enjoy a better quality-of-life.
- The 30 Day Fitness Challenge is an at-home fitness routine that works the whole body in a circuit or super-set format.
- Personal Training as I have been a professional trainer for 20+ years. Weight loss, weight gain, toning, flexibility and overall body strengthening.
- Executive Leadership Coaching through the fantastic 7 Habits of Highly Effective People coaching program.
- Or, simply wellness lifestyle coaching by itself called maintenance coaching.
I have authored several wellness manuals like The Wellness Wake-up, Coaching for a Greater Personal Leadership and created some results driven programs like The Wellness Project, the Med Plan, Wellness for Wounded Veterans, Living a Less Stressful Lifestyle AND The 30 Day Challenges.
I have been featured in the Tulsa World, Tulsa People, Urban Tulsa and have humbly been awarded the 2015 & 16 Best of Tulsa for Wellness Programs.
For 5 years I created and operated Performance Coaching training studio where I worked with student athletes in all sports, the passionate weekend warriors and anyone desiring a better quality-of-life. Ranging from weight loss, chronic conditions control and fitness at every level.
To get as many people doing a few simple things, consistently…for a long period of time!
Furthermore, I write about the wellness lifestyle that would include the wellness industry (chronic conditions, nutrition, exercise, etc.) and the leadership industry (interpersonal skills, time management, organizational skills, etc.). Occasionally I will step outside the boundaries and write about something that might either entertain or inform on subjects that related to us all.
I have been the president of Performance Coaching for 17 years in both corporate consulting and wellness coaching studio. I have consulted for local Tulsa companies such as, Bama companies, NYL, John Christner Trucking, Nelson Auto Group, TMG, Urologic Specialist of Oklahoma, CCK Strategies, Tulsa Wealth Advisors, American Bank & Trust, KRS Oil, and several additional smaller businesses.
I graduated from Oklahoma State University in Human Environmental Sciences. After completing studies at OSU I attended the University of Oklahoma for a Masters degree in Psychology department. I spent 2 years attending a PhD. program at OSU in Health and Human Performance studying various projects like the bottled water industry, statin drugs, cancer & heart disease and the nutritional supplement industry.
My wellness and life coaching credentials are as follows:
- Certified Personal trainer for over 20 years
- Certified Nutritional Consultant for 10 years
- Certified Holistic Health Practitioner for 10 years
- Certified Yoga instructor for 2 years
- Certified Stephen Covey 7 Habits of Highly Effective People Coach for 15 years
- Certified Corporate Wellness Specialist for 2 years
You can find me on YouTube in a variety of fitness and life coaching videos at Jeff Ravenscroft/Youtube.
In my personal life I love playing tennis, soccer, lifting weights and anything that keeps me active and enjoying life. I attend Lifechurch in Bixby, Oklahoma and proud dad for 3 children.