Stress can bog us down, deplete our nutrient stores and just plum wear us out leading to fatigue! But there is help on the way. Rescue yourself with some daytime activities that can boost our energy reserves. Try interrupting your day with some of these quick daily activities:
- Go for a walk, preferably outdoors. Light to brisk walking has been proven to ease stress and combat fatigue.
- Take a short 10 minute nap. In Japan this is a ritual, may or may not work in your schedule but if it does try it sometime.
- Get some sunlight, natural light helps to energize us. And it is the only way to get ‘real’ vitamin D.
- Consume a healthy breakfast with ample fiber. It has been proven that those who skip breakfast are prone to feel more fatigue during the day.
- 10 minutes of Yoga is a fantastic way to re-energize the body during the day.
- Meditate, this is a core component of The 30 Day Challenge
- Pray…..need I say more?
When feeling stressed or the dreaded late afternoon fatigue setting in try one or more of these tips to help you feel better and more energized.