There are a vast amount of benefits from the practice of yoga. I love yoga because you don’t need a fancy pair of shoes, expensive equipment, a personal trainer, a gym membership or a huge amount of time. Yoga can be done for 15-30 minutes in the privacy of your own home and at your pace. I recommend yoga to all my clients, young or old, male or female.
Here are 6 of the top benefits you can get from doing Yoga:
- Anti-Aging – Yoga actually helps in slowing down the aging process by providing elasticity (flexibility) to the spine, firming up the skin (as does Apple Cider Vinegar), removing tension from the body, strengthening the abdominal muscles, eliminating the likelihood of a double chin, improving the quality of loose arm muscles, correcting poor posture and so on.
- Balance – Asymmetry and unbalance in different parts of the body can create stress and unwelcome strain. Many times this leads to lead to injury, pain, or just simple discomfort. Yoga helps in creating balance and harmony while correcting symmetry throughout your body, making you strong, flexible, and balanced.
- Flexibility – Pain and stress are forms of blocked, jammed, misplaced and misused energy. Being more flexible means opening these energy blockages and freeing your energy circulation. As the blocked energy is freely circulated, your complete body will feel clean and new because the trapped parts are freed and released, in a sense it is a form of detoxification.
- Mental Health – Yoga helps in freeing the mind from mental disturbances as it aids our ability to steady the mind. Moreover, decreases in nervousness, irritability, confusion, depression, and mental fatigue are some additional mental health benefits experienced from practicing Yoga.
- Strength – Your everyday experiences are strengthened the moment you come in the fold of Yoga. With increase in strength the whole tendency of your body changes. Yoga has the power not only to increase your mental but physical attributes as well.
- Weight Reduction – Yoga’s deep breathing helps to increase the oxygen intake to the body’s cells, including the fat cells. This results into burning up of fat cells. Another amazing aspect of Yoga is that it reduces anxiety which, in turn, reduces anxious eating (as eating has been linked to the pleasure principle).
For lifestyle management coaching information please contact coach Jeff at email@example.com