The Liver is soooooo important, it is our filtering organ, it purifies the blood stream. When the liver gets backed up, and it is, then a host of problems can arise in the body. The #1 problem that I coach clients with weekly is the fact that it can be tough to lose the weight we desire if the Liver is clogged up. Sometimes, when my clients do a simple Liver cleanse it can really help the weight loss efforts, no promises but why not try it. It is a wonderful thing to have a clean Liver. Just ask Micky Mantle!
Here are 5 tips (supplements) to cleaning the all important Liver:
- Milk Thistle – is a natural herb that has been traditionally used to support detoxification functions of the liver. The antitoxin activity of the main ingredient in milk thistle (silymarin) is thought to help liver function.
- L-Methionine – is a sulfur containing amino acid that the liver uses to create glutathione. Supplementing with methionine can help raise glutathione, which is a powerhouse anti-oxidant at the cellular level.
- Licorice Root’s antioxidant, antiviral, and antibody-stimulating properties make it a liver protectant and detoxifier.
- Eat foods rich with Selenium which helps zinc and vitamins (both antioxidants) to function better in their Liver detoxification properties.
- Drink Green Tea as much as possible, it is a terrific product serving many many benefits for our bodies
I would be out of my element if I didn’t mention the importance of cardiovascular exercise in the mix of cleansing the Liver and other vital organs. It is my passion so I feel better for mentioning it.
For lifestyle management coaching information please contact coach Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org