Poppie the sailor was on to something when he found his spinach! When searching for the best food sources to achieve optimal health it doesn’t take long to uncover the splendid benefits that raw spinach provides. Spinach tops the list, along with other green leafy vegetables, as the food that is most eaten by people who don’t get cancer. Did you know that spinach contains 4X more beta carotene and 3X more lutein than broccoli? Spinach is rich in fiber, which helps lower cholesterol.
Spinach is praised for its powers in the following 7 conditions:
- High cholesterol comes down due to lots of fiber and high content of lutein.
- Harvard Medical School finds spinach can combat cancer due to its rich antioxidant capabilities (flavonoids).
- Has been proven to provide excellent ability to strengthen the immune system.
- Also shown to reduce neurodegenerative changes in the brain, so its famous for its ability to aid in brain health.
- Protects the eyes due to its high lutien content, which is a powerful carotenoid.
This article only illustrated 5 of the great benefits of the splendid spinach. This article could go on for pages listing the wonderful health benefits of consuming plenty of spinach during the week.
For lifestyle management coaching information please contact coach Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org