If you are just beginning to exercise or are setting a date to begin exercising here are some quick tips to help you with your exercise routine.
These 10 tips are for beginners but even a moderate to advanced fitness level individual might find some interesting tips:
- Be Consistent – commit to exercising at least 2-3x weekly. Once a week or month is hard to see results, and results are what we are after. This is the #2 tip I can give anyone, not being consistent is also the #2 excuse I hear from my clients.
- Follow an Effective Exercise Routine – try several until you find what works for you the best. Maybe it’s a yoga class, a circuit training routine, a spin class or a fit body class….there are tons of opportunities so find what works for you.
- Set Realistic Goals – don’t strive for perfection or an improbable goal that can’t be met, focus instead on
increasing healthy behaviors. Set immediate, short, long and lifetime goals if you can.
- Use the Buddy System – or even better an accountability partner! partnering up with someone is king….AND I make a living a being an accountability coach for hundreds of people (online).
- Make Your Plan Fit Your Life – I don’t have time is the #1 excuse I hear every single day of my practice, however, it is not a valid excuse to not exercising. You must plan your exercise routines if you are going to be successful!
- Be Happy – Be sure to pick an activity you actually enjoy doing, again, find what you like and enjoy it. There are so many things to choose from these days. Videos, sports, The Wi, kickboxing, etc.
- Watch the body clock – determine when is best for you train during the day. Everyone is different, find what
time of day works for you. I prefer like 4 pm in the day, it works for me but might not for others.
- Call In the Pros – sometimes hiring a professional trainer for a month or so is a great way to kick start your
workout routine. Hence, what I do for a living!
- Get Inspired – who inspires you and why? Part of staying motivated is finding out who or what inspires you.
- Be Patient – nobody changes over night. Barry Sanders and Michael Jordan didn’t become hall of famers
over night. This is the #1 challenge and #1 tip I give anyone when beginning or even continuing to exercise, not seeing results has derailed hundreds of my clients from their goals.
Enjoy the exercise and….Be Well!!!
For lifestyle management coaching information please contact coach Jeff at firstname.lastname@example.org